Old 15-05-2003, 02:32 AM
test

Default Orchid boarding houses

In article ink.net,
"Diana Kulaga" wrote:

Let's put it this way. At our society's show in March, as I watched people
leave with arms full of as many orchids they could carry, I remarked to a
friend that I'd never seen anyone go so quite so soft-headed over rose
bushes!

i think you need to meet more rosarians... (i actually saw 2 ppl
do this last weekend, over very expensive J&P roses yet. yikes. i
should have a yard that big... and they were *novices* at it too.)

(as to the original post--i went away for ten days and had my housemate
take care of the plants (orchids in the living room amaryllii in the
kitchen). i put a sticky note on each one saying "pls water me on
sunday" or whatever. everything looked great when i got back. this is
perhaps my best motivation for keeping the collections small and
non-delicate; i still want to be able to take vacations.

--j_a