Old 15-05-2003, 09:32 AM
sally.hemming

Default nasty magpie?

We've got an even nastier crow that is taking out baby ducklings, baby coots
and this morning I've found remains from a hen pheasant who was defending
her three young chicks I spotted yesterday.
"Malcolm" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 May 2003 09:02:03 +0100, Jane Ransom
wrote:

In article , Adrian
Jones writes
Yeah, I think so. In my back garden I saw a magpie eating a baby bird,

I once saw a couple of magpies attack a baby blackbird that was hopping
about the garden - baby blackbirds seem to leave their nests before they
are 'ready' for some strange reason. By the time I got out to rescue it,
it was dead and had started to be pecked at, presumably as it was dinner
for the magpies

Many wildlife will take out, the weak and injured, it's what nature
does.

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?