Old 15-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Jayne

Default Newbie

Hi Beth!

I'm also at the stage of organising a "new" (to me) garden. Ours is about
1/2 acre. I want to grow vegetables too & am going to start off with some
raised beds.
I have sweetcorn sprouting nicely in little pots in my utility room (I don't
have a greenhouse as yet) & was wondering if anyone can tell me how big they
should be before planting them out?

I'm trying to learn from books, magazines & newsgroups as I've only been
living & gardening in the UK for 4 years (previously lived in South Africa)

I'm sure you'll find lots of useful info here.

:-)
Jayne

"Beth" wrote in message
om...
Just dropping by to say "hello". I'm going to be subscribing to the
group and will be asking lots of questions in the next few months and
years :-)

I've done a bit of gardening in the past, nothing very serious, and
reckon myself to tend towards "plantswoman". That is, I like being
knowledgeable about plants. I enjoy choosing and planting them. But
I'm not very good at weeding and maintenance.

I'm going to be moving to a new house, with over an acre to play with.
I want to grow as much for the kitchen as I possibly can.