Old 15-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Frogleg

Default Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It

On Thu, 15 May 2003 00:04:20 -0400, "Chip G."
wrote:

On my recently purchased property I have a huge poison ivy problem.
Poison ivy is found in every rock wall (several), around the base of
nearly every tree (plenty), and even in large areas of grass (which
used to be over grown with tall grass and small shrubs). What is the
best method to kill the poison ivy without killing all the grass,
trees, and shrubs which surround it?

After one bout of the oozing rash this year I have finally become an
expert of identifying the "leaves of three". Unfortunately with the
size of the local population I don't have much choice about "leaving it
be".

Check Google groups for "poison ivy" discussions here. Much good
advice and multiple cautions. Fortunately, It *can* be eradicated. But
take care. And beware 2nd-hand connections. Don't scratch!