Old 15-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Malcolm

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 14:56:43 GMT, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message
news:8025373d81fb5abcf06b43737727c8c1@TeraNews. ..

How does drowning in water relate to "Experimentally induced
inhalation of Roundup by rats produced 100% mortality in 24 hours." Or
do you just naturally take a contrary view, regardless how stupid?

Are you talking about inhaling the fumes or mist,

Fumes and mist. Loz was implying you would need to inhale so much you
would drown in it!

Clearly nonsense.

rather than partial
drowning in the liquid itself. It's hard to imagine someone accidentally
inhaling Roundup as a liquid?

Quite.

I've accidentally inhaled the mist, when
spraying weeds in my yard and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Well if you are prepared to put yourself on the line, because it
"seems" OK, your choice. Let us know how you get on 10 years down the
line, with all these things that "appear" to be OK.

That's the trouble, many people are short sighted, they are unable to
connect what they do now, with what happens in the future to them.
Smoking a typical example.

Unlike
when I spray insecticide, which I do only once a year, or every other year
if the insects aren't too many. I have to shower immediately afterwards and
learned not to walk barefoot in the yard while doing it, as it made me feel
sick just in the time it took to spray my little yard.

And yet you are prepared to spray that on stuff you eat? seems daft to
me. This is what has been happening in farming though, we have been
sprayed from pillar to post with this junk, and everything is
suffering, especially us.

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?