Old 15-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Malcolm" wrote in message

And yet you are prepared to spray that on stuff you eat? seems daft to
me. This is what has been happening in farming though, we have been
sprayed from pillar to post with this junk, and everything is
suffering, especially us.

I'm sure there are some effects, but mostly on the people who spray the
stuff. I don't grow food. Well, I just planted an herb garden, but will
make sure it isn't sprayed, while I still will spray the yard. A farmer
doesn't have the same option, though. They can't just spray around the
plants and losses due to insects could be devastating to a farm, but I won't
lose my income if bugs eat my basil...

I also wash all of my produce before consumption. I wonder......
Does anyone know of tests that have been done on the amounts of systemic
absorption of insecticides by food plants. In other words, what does the
plant absorb that can't be washed away?