Old 15-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Malcolm

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 15:26:57 GMT, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message
news:bb8e9e644fe3d7daef876aa750530b09@TeraNews. ..

And yet you are prepared to spray that on stuff you eat? seems daft to
me. This is what has been happening in farming though, we have been
sprayed from pillar to post with this junk, and everything is
suffering, especially us.

I'm sure there are some effects,

It's a fact, there are many known and unknown effects.

but mostly on the people who spray the
stuff.

That's naive in the least. So you think the sprayer should be masked
and protected up to the hilt when spraying it, yet cannot see the
effect of those toxins once it has been sprayed, some of which stay
around for a year or more?

I don't grow food.

But the fact is people do, and this crap is used on it.

Well, I just planted an herb garden, but will
make sure it isn't sprayed, while I still will spray the yard. A farmer
doesn't have the same option, though. They can't just spray around the
plants and losses due to insects could be devastating to a farm, but I won't
lose my income if bugs eat my basil...

Principal is the same. If an organic farm can get away without
glyphosate, why cant everyone else? I find it amazing you know full
well the consequence of spraying your food, and don't, yet you think
it's OK for old farmer giles to spray it on the nations food?

I also wash all of my produce before consumption.

So you should, I would recommend a good soaking prior to washing.
Washing is not just run it under the tap for a few seconds.

I wonder......
Does anyone know of tests that have been done on the amounts of systemic
absorption of insecticides by food plants. In other words, what does the
plant absorb that can't be washed away?

There have been many studies, hence we have the current scares over
carrots, lettuce toxicity etc.

The rise in allergies etc is more than likely a direct result of all
the crap we are eating. Who, 50 years ago heard of nut allergies?

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.