Old 15-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Strange Koi Behavior

itten wrote:
I just added about 5 Koi in my garden pond Saturday, and I notice that
one of them seems to be swimming close to the surface, almost with his
head out of the water. A smaller gold fish also follows it around and
seems to be nibbling on the Koi like it is hungry. Is this something I
should be concerned about? I have a few dozen goldfish, guppies,
mosqutio fish, etc. I also seem to be losing a couple of the smaller
fish every day or so.

Where the fish healthy? Did you quarantine them? Sounds
like you've got a problem if you're losing fish regularly.

--
Bonnie
NJ