Old 15-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Malcolm

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:08:49 GMT, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message
news:0162a5b6292500f2d55de2ca59c76e44@TeraNews. ..

OK so if you always buy the cheapest
of the cheap and really don't care about where or how it arrived, you
cannot compete, but if you were a bit more discerning about what you
buy, the difference in price is not actually that great.

To the family with five kids, one unemployed parent and the other making
minimum wage, there isn't a choice. Not everyone *can* afford the
difference, no matter how much they want it.

You cannot "afford" to not eat properly.

I doubt it, but the crap that is on the skin will have more of a
chance to be got rid of.

Makes sense.

www.google.com is brilliant for anything and everything you care to
research.

Not if you don't have hours to spend sifting through the stuff to find
objective information.

How much is your health worth, more importantly your children?

I think it was the FSA who recently announced concerns about
lettuce and carrots again in the UK..

What is the FSA?

Food Standards Agency or something.

But many of us go through life without touching anti biotic, we all
eat sprayed crops!

Have you really never taken an anti-biotic?

Never.

You should make sure doctors never prescribe them either, just to shut
you up, as many do.

"I don't know what it is, so have an antibiotic just in case"

Perhaps it is different in the
UK, but US kids are raised on anti-biotics. I suspect in the societies
where anti-biotics really aren't used, they don't have the same kinds of
allergies as western societies do.

May well have a point.

That's OK assuming you have been through the run of anti biotic etc,
many of us haven't and still get ill, the commonest factor is
pesticides and herbicides, we cannot get away from them.

Well, of course, you get ill, but do you (if you are talking about yourself)
suffer from new types of allergies that nobody in your family history ever
suffered from?

No, thankfully.

How clean did your mother keep your house when you were
growing up?

About as clean as my family do now, not obsessively by any stretch of
the imagination.

Did she use bleach and ammonia to clean the place, thereby
killing all those little germs your body would be developing a defense
against?

Ha, couldn't afford it.

I bet she even sterilized your bottles before feeding you.

Is that not common sense?

Did
she teach you to wash your hands before eating,

It's a priority today.

killing more little bugs?
Did you bath almost daily?

Nope.

I don't know how old you are, but after a couple
of generations of a more sterile environment, I'm sure some lack of
resistance is then passes on in genes.

Good point, but in reality I doubt there are many obsessively house
proud people about.

The purpose for all of this cleansing of our environment is supposed to help
prevent the spread of disease, and it does do that, in some cases, but it
also hinders the development of our immune systems.

To a certain extent that would be true, no doubt about it. With regard
to the use of highly toxic chemicals there is no doubt we should
beware. I think the vast majority of us still adopt a basic hygiene
standard, many do not.
--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?