Old 15-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Malcolm

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

On Thu, 15 May 2003 17:53:18 GMT, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message
news:577b71b978279dbf99536976d6026765@TeraNews. ..

You cannot "afford" to not eat properly.

Being able to feed your children *now* takes priority over the future, when
the money is not available to buy organic.

Your choice, it really is.

Have you tried grow your own?

How much is your health worth, more importantly your children?

I'm trying, I'm trying.....

That's all one can ask of oneself, to try and improve things. Well
done, many people just cannot be bothered.

There is just too much to know and not nearly
enough time to lift for real info. That's why I asked if you just happen to
already know of a site I could get objective information from. I want to
know everthing, but I've come to the conclusion that I will die trying ;-)

Haha.. Well just keep looking out for the bulletins on newsgroups.

You could also have a look at

http://www.safetyalerts.com/

http://www.foodsafety.gov/

For an insight into food safety throughout the world.

OR just go to any search engine and type food safety warnings, if you
get the chance.

Have you really never taken an anti-biotic?

Never.

Wow! Why? It's so odd these days to not have *ever* taken anti-biotics.

Maybe it's the "healthy diet" ;-)

You should make sure doctors never prescribe them either, just to shut
you up, as many do.

"I don't know what it is, so have an antibiotic just in case"

Agreed, but scared mothers, with sick children, tend to listen to someone
who knows more about it than they do. That would be the "caring family
physician".

Yeah I know, what I am getting at is the need to ask questions, find
out what's going on, why we do this and that. Be aware!

Well, of course, you get ill, but do you (if you are talking about

yourself)
suffer from new types of allergies that nobody in your family history

ever
suffered from?

No, thankfully.

Very good.

Is that not common sense?

Not every society sterilizes everything their babies touch and eat. They
build stronger immune systems because of it. I will admit, they also lose
more babies to disease, however, there species becomes stronger (survival of
the fitest and all) while we westerners are becoming weaker.

It's a priority today.

Why is washing hands before eating a priority today? We don't have more
germs, just less resistance to them. Most people today, in western
society, just consider it gross not to wash your hands insesently, not
thinking about the actual purpose. It has just become a societal standard.
I don't subscribe and I *almost* never get sick. It is a rare occasion
indeed, for me to be ill.

But "you" are not the problem, it's all the other dirty buggers one
comes into contact with, what have they been up to? There was a survey
done a while back on little snacks left out on the bar of the local
pub, you know nuts, crisps etc for a nibble, these were tested and all
sorts of filth was found on it, including faeces!!

Needless to say I never touch bar snacks any more.

It's also a fact many people do not wash their hands after going to
the loo, fine for them, what about us when we shake their hands.. yuk.

Did you bath almost daily?

Nope.

LOL :-)

Good point, but in reality I doubt there are many obsessively house
proud people about.

Not anymore, because the mother is out working nowadays. She used to have
more time to clean, and did.

With regard
to the use of highly toxic chemicals there is no doubt we should
beware.

Agreed. I believe there have been some chemicals banned because of their
toxicity. I'm not sure we can do without chemicals completely, though. I'm
not sure we could go back to farming the way we did 100 years ago and feed
the populations we have today. The use of those chemicals is what has made
agriculture able to keep up with the growing population, I believe.

I don't know. Have you taken a look at the gross portions served up in
the USA, how big the world is getting? Are we eating more, or are we
being force fed?

I think the vast majority of us still adopt a basic hygiene
standard, many do not.

Absolutely, and our immune systems and future generations will suffer for
it.

No doubt about it.

It all comes down to the fact, if we can make a change for the better,
at little real cost to ourselves, why not the hell go for it?

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.