Old 15-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Suzy Orr

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Oh, how this posting...and some of your responses have made me laugh.
Interesting how fools can find "experts" to support them, no matter what the
topic. I look at our 1000+ acres of corn and think that with just a little
"hard work" we wouldn't have to use those "deadly" chemicals.
Interesting...those who talk about "hard work" have probably never gotten
out and really worked a day of their lives.

Many years ago, when Roundup was still new, we attended a workshop on how to
use it for planting no-till. The gentleman who conducted the program, to
show us how safe it is, drank a glass of it. Within the last month, I saw
that man...and he is still very healthy and vigorous. He was one of no-till
plantings most active proponents, and my kids have always called him "No
Till Bill". The next time I see him, I will tell him that the "experts"
say he is really dead.

While I do not advocate drinking it....I do believe that it is not a threat
to the environment or "US".

suzy orr