Old 15-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Malcolm" wrote in message

Your choice, it really is.

But that's my point....sometimes people just don't have a choice other than
buying the cheapest food they can find.

Have you tried grow your own?

I'm making a little start with my herb garden. My soil, climate, lack of
time and dog won't allow for much more at the moment. I will expand
gradually. I really would love to move to the country and grow my own food,
but it's just not practical, or even possible.

You could also have a look at

http://www.safetyalerts.com/
http://www.foodsafety.gov/

For an insight into food safety throughout the world.

Very good. Thanks for the links :-)

Yeah I know, what I am getting at is the need to ask questions, find
out what's going on, why we do this and that. Be aware!

Good common sense.

But "you" are not the problem, it's all the other dirty buggers one
comes into contact with, what have they been up to?

ROTFL :-))) I just don't think about it.

There was a survey
done a while back on little snacks left out on the bar of the local
pub, you know nuts, crisps etc for a nibble, these were tested and all
sorts of filth was found on it, including faeces!!

I know it's gross, but I just don't worry about it.

Needless to say I never touch bar snacks any more.

LOL :-))

It's also a fact many people do not wash their hands after going to
the loo, fine for them, what about us when we shake their hands.. yuk.

That's my point. It's just gross in today's society, but it's just the
thought of it, not the usefulness of it that motivates most people to do it.

I don't know. Have you taken a look at the gross portions served up in
the USA, how big the world is getting? Are we eating more, or are we
being force fed?

People want more for their money. We (the US) are a gluttonous, lazy,
spoiled society, no doubt, but that's not because the government, as some
evil separate entity, is forcing it on us. We just are because it's human
nature to take the easy way out and take all one can get when the gettin's
good.

Absolutely, and our immune systems and future generations will suffer for
it.

No doubt about it.
It all comes down to the fact, if we can make a change for the better,
at little real cost to ourselves, why not the hell go for it?

So it seems, but you have just thwarted your own argument about how what you
do today will effect your future health. Sure, the chemicals we ingest with
our food may cause problems down the road, but compromising the immune
systems of our species is going to cause greater problems down the road, I
think.