Old 15-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Would you buy these transgenic plants?

"Kat" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
"Perrenelle" wrote in message
Please help out a researcher studying useful applications of

transgenic
plants by answering three simple questions below.

snip
What does 'transgenic' mean?

It means the genes of another species were used to alter the genetics of

the
existing plant or animal. If you live in the USA, Transgenic goods are in
your home, unlabeled, right now. Look it up.
The future is here.

So it could mean that a gene from a rat was in my plant, or a gene from a
closely related species? And that rat gene may also exist in closely related
plants (But for reasons of convenience the gene was taken from rat), or it
may not. Seems to cover such wide spectrum its meaningless.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)