Old 15-05-2003, 08:20 PM
John Rutz

Default lowering PH/Alkaline

*muffin* wrote:
" -- you dont metion what your ph/alkalinity is here in New Mexico my

pond runs about 8.5--8.9 my plants and Koi do just fine ( plants are a
litle slow but they grow well over the season )

OK,this morning tested with fresh water aquarium testing kit.
PH is 7.8
KH is in range of 200-400 PPM
GH is in range of 100-200 PPM
ammonia is 2-3 PPM

there are no plants of fish in the pond

ok, now what? is there anything to fix? & with what?
(I'll test again tonight)

everything sounds fine to me eept the amonia without fish there
should be none
which type of kit are you using dip sticks or liquid drops ?

one of our chem gurus jump in here and help with this one

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com