Old 15-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Jayne

Default Newbie

Mine are about 3" tall at this stage. I'm in the south-west (South Glos) & I
think our frosts are over now, so maybe I can plant them out by the end of
the month.
I want to plant some pumpkins too.

:-)
Jayne

"Druss" wrote in message Size is not such a big
problem, depends on the size of pot they are in. I
plant mine out when they are only about 6 inches high, but they are only

in
fairly small 3" pots, so they haev to go out before root restriction

becomes
a problem. The more important bit is that they should not go outside until
the last frosts have occured. Bit of guess work there really. I plant mine
out at the end of May, and live in Oxon, in the middle of the country near
to one of the weather stations which records some of Englands
earliest/latest and worst frosts, which is odd since we aren't that far up
the country just a long way from the warming sea!.
Duncan