Old 15-05-2003, 08:44 PM
ned

Default What animal digs small holes in lawn??

Jane Ransom wrote:
In article , ned
writes
Di wrote:
It is difficult to judge the size but frogs dig holes as well as
rabbits is this a poissibility? is there a pond near by?

'Don't think its frogs.
And it doesn't seem right for rabbits either. Rabbits are pretty
vigorous diggers and usually leave mounds of spoil behind. At least
mine do.

Well, ours leave little indents in the ground, just as has been
described, all over the place. Sometimes they defecate in them but
more often than not they don't. We just can't figure out why they do
it. They are a *!"$*~ nuisance

:-) Yes I can relate to that. It was the absense of spoil that made
me think again. But maybe that has something to do with the soil.
Fine, sandy soil would be spread far and wide whereas heavier soil
might be piled up. One of the phographs did show some round 'pellets'
by the scrape, which could have been droppings. But would rabbits
choose to scrape close to tree stumps? Dunno.

--
ned