Old 15-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Michelle Fulton

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

"Malcolm" wrote in message

You can always pop in and let us peasants know how you are getting on.

I can't imagine anyone being interested :-/

What fruits can you grow?

I don't know. Peach trees seem to do ok, here, but the birds eat all the
peaches. The problem with our climate is the extremes. Lots of plants
can't tolerate the heat of summer and lots can't tolerate the harsh winter
we can have. I haven't planted any fruit bearing trees, as shade is what
I'm after currently. Pecan trees are very hardy and popular here. I'm not
a good one to ask, as I'm just getting into all of this, and don't know much
yet. Oh, I think melons grow well here, but that doesn't make sense, does
it? Seems like they would need more moisture than we get??? I think
melons, squash and such, that have big leaves to protect the fruit from the
sun, do ok.

I can say that I don't see any fruit crops around these parts. I see lots
of corn, grass or hay, and cotton being grown. If you don't have lots of
time to put into it and the ability to shield your plants from the harsh
environment, you just don't get much out of it.

Many can change, but wont, they'll still sell
milk for a pittance and whine about it...Oh well.

Someone has to sell just milk. They can't all turn it into cheese.