Old 15-05-2003, 10:08 PM
*muffin*

Default lowering PH/Alkaline

the testing kit is the liquid drops ( the dip stick one I did yesterday,
read way OVER 8.5 for ph/alkaline)
( I'll look for a 2 part ammonia tester tomorrow,,,,,,, do they have 'em at
pet stores?)

umm I don't have the pump running either,, yet,( for filter & water
falls,,,, havent built the falls yet
will that help??

somewhere I read using "Amquel" to lower the ammonia? is there anythign
else? ( can *this* be purchased at a pet store??)

I have a couple gold fish ,, 'ON HOLD' at store,, needed to pick them up &
put in pond this weekend,,,,,,, umm, bad idea?

Muffin dang, had a pond 20 yrs ago & never tested anything, wonder how it
survived!

OK,this morning tested with fresh water aquarium testing kit.
PH is 7.8
KH is in range of 200-400 PPM
GH is in range of 100-200 PPM
ammonia is 2-3 PPM

there are no plants of fish in the pond

ok, now what? is there anything to fix? & with what?
(I'll test again tonight)

everything sounds fine to me eept the amonia without fish there
should be none
which type of kit are you using dip sticks or liquid drops ?

one of our chem gurus jump in here and help with this one

John Rutz