Old 15-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Nedra

Default cleaning ponds out

I had my pond guy come over last week to clean out my pond.
The sweetheart got in and said: "Wow... What do you use in here?
It's really clean." Then I did my song and dance on BZT.
Makes me feel really good when the pros tell me my pond is
too clean to clean!! lol Anyway, all he did was trim the survivor
lilies and fertilize the lotuses. K30a - muffin, if it weren't for the pros
my pond would have filled in several years ago...

Nedra
"K30a" wrote in message
muffin wrote but you guys totally EMPTY your ponds to remove the

gunk???
big ponds
3000 gal ones?? on, where do you put the fish???

Totally emptied our 3000 gallon pond.
Emptied our 150 gallon stock tank filter and put the fish in
there with two air stones. Put net over stock tank to keep them from

jumping
out.
DH and football playing son scooped out most of the gunk. About 5 half

wheel
barrels full.
Filled the pond back up slowly with dechlor. Fish overnighted in the

filter (I
got up at the crack of dawn to check them.) Went back in the pond later

that
morning.
If I had to do this myself I'd wait the 20 years for the pond to fill

itself in
and then sell the house
;-)

k30a