Old 15-05-2003, 11:44 PM
itten

Default Strange Koi Behavior

I have 5 Koi and all the others seem to be doing well. They range from
7" max down to about 3". I bought them from a water garden business
that seems to take an interest in their fish, so I'm sure they were
healthy. I have never tested the water.
I have about 20 small goldfish, 10 guppies and mosquito fish.
My pond is filtered with a fountain. It is 16" deep, 7 feet long and
4'wide and I have another 2 foot square section. I added a chemical to
treat the tap water before I put the fish in.

In article ,
ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

And I will add, do you have a fountain or waterfall
as swimming at the surface with head almost out of the water sounds like a
fish
starved for oxygen.

You may have too many fish in there among other problems.

let us know, we'll get you on the right track ;-)

k30a