Old 16-05-2003, 03:32 AM
animaux

Default deadheading

On Fri, 16 May 2003 00:40:30 GMT, "news.verizon.net"
wrote:

I am a city dweller with very little room for a garden. I did put petunia's
in the window boxes. My question is do I just pull out the wilted flower or
do I pinch the plant below the flower stem?

If you have Wave (TM) petunias, they are self cleaning. If you don't have those
you can deadhead and remove part of the stem back to a node. After you do that,
fertilize. If in a container, you can use Osmocote which is a synthetic
fertilizer, but slow release in a prill. I find it okay to use in containers
and every time you water a bit of fertilizer is released.