Old 16-05-2003, 06:32 AM
SlimFlem

Default growing Red Lotus

Hi,

I am wondering if my tank would properly support Red Lotus plants. I have a
75 gallon that has mainly dwarf and small sag's and val's with some
medium-tall crypts and some shorter crypts that were potted when i bought
them. (sorry can't remember the types of crypts right now). I have a lot of
open water space and have a 4 x 65 CF Coralife fixture. 2 10000K & 2 6500K
bulbs. I would love to have 3 or 4 of these pretty plants. A display at a
lfs where i live has some and they are are really pretty. Currently i don't
have CO2 but plan on getting it after i move in a month, could this properly
support these plants? I do fertilize now using Seachem products. I don't
have any current algea problems thanks to some suggestions on this group.
oh yeah, my substrate is Florite that has had Seacheam root tabs pushed in
several times over the last year or so. i use 2 canister filters.

thanks.