Old 16-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Oz

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

Michelle Fulton writes

I also wash all of my produce before consumption. I wonder......
Does anyone know of tests that have been done on the amounts of systemic
absorption of insecticides by food plants. In other words, what does the
plant absorb that can't be washed away?

Most of it. Fortunately:

1) It reduces by biological action quite quickly over time.
2) Few will move to new growth (ie, stays on the leaf it fell on) and so
goes when the leaf senesces.
3) There are strict timings for spray to harvest intervals.
4) Pesticides these days are stunningly non-toxic to humans. This is
very good for those who apply them.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.