Old 16-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Mark

Default water temp for plants

"*muffin*" wrote in message
was told by pond place,, they won't guarantee plants till after june 1st,
PLUS water SHOULD be 70 degrees.

It's a good they're not in the UK the water temperature never gets to 70 :-)

(now my hardy's in the big mud bottom pond are up ok, & its dang cold
there!)

All hardy's will be fine, so will deep water oxygenators and the like.

do I need to worry about water temps for plants such as anacharis & water
hyacinths?

I've been unable to get hyacinths to flower over here (too cold), they need
to come indoors if there's a chance of frost, they go brown and mushy
otherwise.

what about other bog plants? taro etc..
since I ordered some, already,, do I need to keep them in a tub indoors?

Bog plants should be OK too.

Mark
UK