Old 16-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Danielle

Default Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It

"Ed Lucarini" wrote in message . net...
Hi Chris,

I'm a former cable guy and I use to have to deal with Poison Ivy alot when I
worked in the field. I have to tell you about this amazing product I found
to protect me (being highly allergic to poison Oak and Ivy) from getting a
rash.

The stuff is called Tecnu outdoor skin cleanser for poison oak and ivy. It
kills the affecting oils from the plant. You can find it at CVS or maybe
Walgreens. This stuff saved me many times. So if you want to rip the stuff
out by hand use Tecnu liberally then wear gloves, long sleeves and pants and
have at it. Then, afterward, I would apply it again on my head neck and
wrists ( any wear that could have gotten exposed) and go in and shower.

good luck
Ed
"Chip G." wrote in message
On my recently purchased property I have a huge poison ivy problem.
Poison ivy is found in every rock wall (several), around the base of
nearly every tree (plenty), and even in large areas of grass (which
used to be over grown with tall grass and small shrubs). What is the
best method to kill the poison ivy without killing all the grass,
trees, and shrubs which surround it?

After one bout of the oozing rash this year I have finally become an
expert of identifying the "leaves of three". Unfortunately with the
size of the local population I don't have much choice about "leaving it
be".

Thanks for your help,

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address

Am i right in thinking that urinating on the effected area helps with the problem?