Old 16-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Would you buy these transgenic plants?

On Fri, 16 May 2003 09:51:23 +0200, Tim
wrote:

And compared to the effects man has had on the environment, even in
places that are called "natural" and "wild", the effects may be
negligable.

May be???
There's that unsettling uncertainty again.

Then no one should do anything, because whaever we do, [that unsettling]
maybe something horrible will happen.

I accept that there's always risks involved with the business of life
- but I much prefer to deal with the risks that come from interacting
with nature rather than tweaking it at a fundamental level.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk