Old 16-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default advice needed for a beginner gardener

Goose said:

hi,

thank you for your posts. it is greatly appreciated.

some websites state that my area is in zone 5 and some state that it is in zone 6a.

my next question is when is the best time to plant the carrot seeds?

Most likely, ASAP

You can start planting carrots 3 weeks before your average last hard frost (freeze)
date.

You should be able to plant up to 2 months after that date , but as the weather
warms up it can be difficult to keep the carrot seeds from drying out.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)