Old 16-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Insect attack (was: [IBC] Need help with problem)

yep, honeydew on my ficus tells me the little scale buggers are
nearby.
just examine the leaves above or nearby and you're sure to find

one
(100?). i'm not sure whether i hate scale more than mosquitos

or not but
they run a close race.

btw. i don't know how you folks simply "spray them off" with

the hose.
i've sprayed and sprayed and only when i hold the leaf and

direct the
spray right at the cute little clam does is dislodge. i just

decided i
hate scale more.

You can't wash adult scale away; the juveniles are another
matter. They're still mobile.

I guess I don't get as upset with scale as some of you because I
don't allow trees in the house (or inside) for more than 2-3 days
at a time, so I don't see much of it.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --