Old 16-05-2003, 01:56 PM
BAC

Default Opinions on the Garden Claw Tools ?

"eddy" wrote in message
They seem very expensive .
is the action of turning motion a labour saving or a gimmick ?
Garden centres dont seem to keep them but B&Q do.
35 -39 pounds seem a lot ,
they dont cost much to produce i should imagine
any opinions to share ?

I bought one for my Father (80s) who was finding digging and hoeing his
borders a bit hard going, and he swears by it. I've borrowed it a few times
to try out round my borders, too, and it works fine, IMO.

I've since bought a cheapo imitation from a cash and carry for under a
fiver, and that works, too, but not as well as the 'real thing'. These
devices do not replace the fork or spade, IMO, but they have their place,
especially if you are finding normal cultivation hard work.