Old 16-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Strange Koi Behavior

What you have is not a filter. It is a pre-screen to keep junk out of your
pump.

I don't think you have a pond ready for Koi yet. Goldfish yes, Koi maybe
not.

If you want to keep your koi, then you need to build a filter for them, and
also get some Zeolite. And cut back on how much you are feeding them. And
read a lot of the post here for information you definitely need. Start with
testing the water parameters definitely!

Here are couple of links that may help you in building a DIY filter.

Filters:
Blondie Type-
http://www.blondieswebdesigns.com/wa...biofilter.html
Skippy Type - http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

Both sites will also give you a ton more info. Your pond is probably more
appropriate with a Skippy type filter.

Happy ponding itten.
--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"itten" wrote in message
Lost that Koi.
I found that Koi dead this morning.
How do I go about testing my water for ammonia?
My water is being filtered because I have a 12" x 12" filter attached
to my pump.