Old 16-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Filtering my Clay Water

"John Hines" wrote in message
"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

Any thoughts?

Have you stopped the clay from entering? in a previous post, you
indicated the clay is coming from your ground landscaping, and is
continuing.

Is any settling? You should have a bit collecting on the bottom of the
pond at this point.

Maybe out of fear or something like that but the water has been clearer the
past few days. *laugh* I have not yet stopped the leaching from the
surrounding area, which is why I am hesitant to use anything like calcite or
alum, just yet. I plan to finish the landscaping/grading this weekend, so
the leaching stops.

I figure once that is done, maybe I'll run the pool filter idea to see if it
has any impact. I think I have resigned myself to just let it go naturally,
after that. Much of it is slowly ending up in the VF where I can scoop it
out, so it may just make sense to let it go naturally.

Of course, me falling in like I did yesterday, does not help with the
settlage.

BV.