Old 16-05-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Raising Worms for fish food

"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message
I have found while cleaning around the garden a whole slue of regular

earth
worms. They are not red. Are they safe to feed to my koi's?? How can I

breed
them??

My yard consists mainly of concrete hard clay. Over time we have tilled
landscaping beds, gardens, etc. We also keep a compost heap of garden and
yard waste which gets mixed into the beds every year. What I am getting at,
in a long winded way, is that now that we have been working the beds...the
worms are EVERYWHERE!!! I suggest you get a nice compost pile going. Use
grass clippings, newspaper, coffee grinds, egg shells, etc. If you pile
it...they will come.

BV.