Old 16-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Critical Popperian

Default Our First Lilly Bloom, on a Rainy Day

(Critical Popperian) wrote in message . com...
I live north west of Atlanta. We have another lilly ready to bloom
also, and the one that had that flower has 3 more coming! Pretty darn
cool I gotta say!

I think I'm mostly just getting lucky, but these things are growing
like mad.

I just planted them all freely and they are in a 'soil' made of
accidentally added clay, decayed leaves and fish poop pumped on to
them

The lotus is doing great so far also. Who woulda thought planting it
in rocks and it would grow so well?

Oh yeah, the 'soil' is also ~2" size rocks to hold the plants. The
roots spread quickly. I'm not worried about invasiveness as we've got
different ponds to put different things in.