Old 16-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Rod

Default Rats?

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message news
Hi

I saw what looked like a large mouse or small rat run across the back
border of the garden this morning, a pale brown/beige colour. It must
have come from behind the garden shed. I've never seen one before - is
this a problem? My concern is that I've blocked off the access to
either side and underneath the shed with trellis to discourage cats from
lurking there and I've been putting cut off branches and other prunings
into the spaces for wildlife or birds nesting etc. I just hope that I'm
not encouraging a rat colony - what do people think?
--
Sorry Lynda you've done exactly the right things to encourage rats. Let cats get under there - there's plenty of other
places for birds to nest.

Rod