Old 16-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Jack Straw

Default Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It

(simy1):

do as you are advised. I was in the hospital three times until I
discovered the merits of applying Roundup with a small paintbrush. You
only need to touch one leaf to kill the whole plant. Trust me. The
other thing that helps is whacking all the large vines in your
neighborhood (say, within 200 yds of your home). a nice little cut at
the base of the vine will do. That will shut off the sources of seeds.
If you cut a large vine on your property, you will have billions
suckers. Mow them where possible, or roundup them.

Wow. I have a hoary PI vine growing up one particular tree. It's
maybe 3/4" to 1" thick. I've been chasing ground-level PI around with
roundup for a while, and was going to whack the main vine today.
Since it's raining, I didnt' get to it.

By what you say, it almost sounds like I'd be better to let the main
vine grow, so as not to force suckers all over the place...

And I thought i had it licked.

--
JackStraw
0x3D561045