Old 17-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Fenny

Default Opinions on the Garden Claw Tools ?

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard eddy say...
They seem very expensive .
is the action of turning motion a labour saving or a gimmick ?
Garden centres dont seem to keep them but B&Q do.
35 -39 pounds seem a lot ,
they dont cost much to produce i should imagine
any opinions to share ?

I have one that I use for loosening the ground before weeding. Mine has
the height adjustable handle, which means that I don't have to bend to
use it. It's good for certain circumstances, but as mentioned
elsewhere, the twisting action can be hard on the arms. I'm glad I
bought it, although I do think they are expensive. The genuine ones
have a better layout of tines than the cheap imitations and seem to work
better. It doesn't replace a fork, so if funds are limited, don't buy
one.
--
Fenny
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.