Old 17-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Cliff

Default Local Tree Sources

It must be a terrible responsibility to be an expert on every subject.
"animaux" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:13:24 GMT, (Terry Horton)

wrote:

My own preference is for smaller trees, but if you want or need size
immediately Ted's is reputable source for you.

Smaller trees (1-10 gal. or so) adapt more quickly after transplanting
and within a few years will catch up in size to larger transplants.
And they're of course far less expensive. Of other nurseries in town,
Barton Springs Nursery has the widest selection and best prices I've
found on native tree species. Most of my own trees come from there.

Nice list, btw.

I fully agree with smaller is better. I can also second your Barton

Springs
Nursery and I find they are even better with plants than Natural Gardener.

I've
gotten some very wonderful plants at Barton Springs.