Old 17-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default evil kudzu.

griffon wrote:

A family property that I have really kept up for a while has a dried
pond (catfish made it lose the water) which since last I checked has
apparently found some stray kudzu. I have never had to deal with it
before and here in zone 6b it is not as much of a problem as it is in
parts of the deep south, but itis already growing quite well in a very
sheltered location (the pond is surrounded by sassafras trees which
also overhang it to some extent) and I want to get rid of it fast.

Goats and cattle love to eat it.

I have been reading up and have almost decided
to spray the area with brush-b-gone heavily, but sites say that it is
tough enough that it might die back and return from the roots several
times, depending on how established it is - I have no idea when it
started, it might have been there all of last year.

That is the best way, although Roundup on fast-growing Kudzu is
safer than Brush-B-Gone.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both