Old 17-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Rats?

"Anthony E Anson" wrote in message
The message
from "geoff" contains these words:

It would be a brave and very hungry cat which attacked a rat defending

its
young - I wonder if cats can contract (or transfer from their paws)

Weils
disease?

I once had a cat whose main purpose in life was the slaughter of rats. I
could turn this post into a short story, but you'll be relieved to hear
that I haven't time.

Me too. He was half seal point Siamese, whose breeding mother got out one
night and took up with the enormous tabby tom next door.

Brave as a tiger was Pippin, he loved killing rats, with one blow to the
head. Mice weren't worth bothering with most of the time. He once caught a
cock pheasant and no dog would dare come within our boundary.

But he was terrified of the dustbin men.

Mary