Old 17-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Gardening tools

"Rick wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site that will teach me about the different types of
tools and what is best for certain jobs?

I was out weeding today and an old boy came past and made the comment that
I would be quicker and better using a hoe....

Is he right?
I was simply on my knees using a trowl....
But I would much rather use a long handled tool as I injured my knees a
while ago and getting on my knees can be a little painful after a

while....

Having an allotment (actually two) we have a selection of hoes for weeding,
seed drills, spud banking etc., also both long handled and hand hoes.
My favourite for the allotment weeding is one made by Wolf Tools and is
their "Push Pull Weeder" the smaller of the two available is the one to get,
easier to use and get between plants. Handles come separate and in different
lengths so you can get the length that suits you. Their other tools fit the
same handle and are all good quality.
Their hand held small onion hoe is good too.

The secret is to ensure they are always sharp and cleaned after use.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.