Old 17-05-2003, 04:56 PM
redclay

Default evil kudzu.

griffon wrote in message
A family property that I have really kept up for a while has a dried
pond (catfish made it lose the water) which since last I checked has
apparently found some stray kudzu. I have never had to deal with it
before and here in zone 6b it is not as much of a problem as it is in
parts of the deep south, but itis already growing quite well in a very
sheltered location (the pond is surrounded by sassafras trees which
also overhang it to some extent) and I want to get rid of it fast.

First how did catfish dry up your pond? Now cut the kudzu and burn it in
place. When the new growth appears spray it with a bush/brush herbicide.
When the growth browns either cut it and burn or just light it. You will
have to repeat this several times and watch the edges of the ponds for
runners. Kudzu seems to have a mind of its own. Good Luck.