Old 17-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Tim Tyler

Default Would you buy these transgenic plants?

In uk.rec.gardening Stephen Howard wrote:
: On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:37:35 GMT, Tim Tyler wrote:
:Stephen Howard wrote:

:: That there may be no documentary evidence of ecological disasters with
:: regard to genetic modifications as yet doesn't preclude the potential
:: for an incident. Whom do we trust - x million years of evolution, or
:: some geezer in a lab clutching a degree?
:
:Nature doesn't have our best interests at heart.
:
:Remember that it produces Deadly Nightshade, Hemlock and Poison Ivy.

: Isn't that all the more reason not to screw around with it then?

A bit late for that ;-)

Humans will transform the natural world.
I can't realistically see any way out of that.

Western housewives may have had some success in slowing progress by
depriving GM food companies of market success - but it won't make
much difference in the long run.
--