Old 17-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Frogleg

Default snap pea seed poking out of the dirt??

On Sat, 17 May 2003 04:47:42 GMT, "Dave Allyn"
(Dave Allyn) wrote:

Would chain-link fencing work??

just wondering for next year...

For peas? Probably fine. They like to climb on almost anything. I'm
sure "ideal" supports make growing/picking optimal, but I had some
compost pile discards take root and produce a nice little harvest
climbing from plant to bush to fence with no trouble.

That is, I wouldn't erect chain-link fencing as a pea support, but
would be fairly confident planting some close to an existing fence.
It's great for melons -- they climb, and the fruit can easily be
supported along the fence with net onion bags or old stockings or
whatever.