Old 17-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Rod

Default garden safety

"Drakanthus" wrote in message A number of years ago, for a Summer job I was cutting a lot of
hedges for a
farmer with an electric trimmer. I'd been doing the job for days - probably
a mile of hedges done. In one moment of lapsed concentration the blade swept
straight into my thigh. The same accident happened to my father another
year. I wonder how many people have stuffed an electric hedgecutter blade
into their leg - I'd guess quite a few?
--

In my case it was the thumb of the free hand as I lowered the machine.(luckily I still have a full set of digits etc.)
That's why good ones now have a kind of dead stop system - even electric now stop dead the instant you release the

Rod