Old 17-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Drakanthus

Default What can I grow in my cracks?

The dandelions seem to thrive there but are there any other plants which
would
be happy with so little soil?

Thankyou
Lorraine

Depending upon the frequency with which your "cracks" are trodden on, some
thymes can be good in such situations and release an aroma when trodden on.
If the plants are unlikely to be trodden on, there are a number of alpines
that grow with little soil provided they are kept fairly dry - houseleeks
for example - I push these into cracks in the mortar of a stone wall
bordering our garden - they thrive there with no soil at all.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)