Old 17-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Zizz

Default Would you buy these transgenic plants?

"Tim Tyler" wrote in message ...
In uk.rec.gardening Victoria Clare wrote:

: Forget that: with all the resources of the plant world at their

disposal,
: these are the most imaginative and useful they can come up with?

: They're all just a bit dull. I mean, a fart-removing pot plant? Not
: going to be number one on the gift list, is it?

The "transgenic indoor ivy that removed toxic chemicals from household air
100 times better than regular plants"... would be extremely useful to
health-conscious individuals - /if/ it worked better than dedicated air
purification machines. I'm not sure that is very realistic, though.
--
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/

Ferns are quite good indoor plants for atmosphere issues.