Old 18-05-2003, 02:32 AM
G a e X a v i er

Default Mexican ag. fires and health?

Please don't put a sock me Victor, but what I noticed week before last was burning
eyes outside but not inside and a lot of sneezing and a headache when out and about
town.

I do not have the fancy HEPA system that animaux has but I use a couple of small
HEPA room filters and I definitely feel better indoors than outdoors when either
fire smoke or cedar or oak pollen is heavy. I also use a Rainbow vacuum which has a
water filter and all dust and stuff is trapped in the water when vacuuming.

Seems like it would be a matter of degrees and having a HEPA filter or two would be
"betterer" "more better" ;-) indoors than being blasted in the face with the stuff
when outdoors. The wind just blows it in your face. I was a nincompoop and rented a
convertible in LA once and drove all around. I had a headache from hell for a week.
Every bloody thing was blooming plus the usual snog.

The Lexus GS has a special filter just to take care of that stuff out there.
Unfortunately, I have an ES which doesn't. But I know that when gardening and
sneezing, I walk inside and it stops.

Best to All -- Gae

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

animaux wrote:
We have significantly less pollutants in our home than are outside. When there
was construction the air was much harder to keep filtered. Nothing is 100%, but
you certainly can improve indoor air quality if you take proper measures.

I'm sorry if I appear to be stubborn, but unless you have all your windows
pefectly sealed, and all your doors perfectly sealed, the air inside your
house it not particularly cleaner than the air outside. HEPA filters and all.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv