Old 18-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Andy

Default Repost in case it got overlooked

On Sat, 17 May 2003 22:58:51 +0100, "Alison"
o.uk wrote:

Sorry to post the same Q again but I didn't get any response -

Check your newsreader/browser/service!

You had four replies:

Cron order

************************************************** ********************************

It's probably too cold for them. They really like it warm - I'm
starting mine this week.

Heavenly Blue's really hate the cold; if you want a hardier variety
try 'Grandpa Otis.' They seem a bit slower to germinate but are less
likely to turn yellow and fail in my experience.

Andy

************************************************** *******************************

No idea if these *are* the causes but are you over-watering them and
what
compost are you growing them in?

Sacha

Same thing happened to my tomatoes. I stood them lower down where it
was
shadier and they've gone back to green. I don't know what it was.

They just don't like the cold.
Mine are still on a window ledge apart from 2 which go out by day and
in at night. (No greenhouse) Have you still got seed to sow some
more? It is not too late and they germinate so quickly.
Good luck. They are worth the effort.
I save seed every year so have quite a mixture!

Pam in Bristol

Morning Glory - Heavenly Blue

Planted these seeds in the GH. Came up rapidly and once roots showed at
bottom of seed tray, transplanted them into individual pots about a month
ago. All has been fine, rootball beginning to show at edges of pot, top
growth starting. But over the past week, as the top growth has opened into
leaves, the leaves are pale and yellow. Is this chlorosis? They are still
in the GH and have some shading.

Any thoughts as to the cause? And how to remedy it?

I still reckon it's not warm enough yet.

Andy