Old 18-05-2003, 06:08 AM
Snooze

Default Filtering my Clay Water

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
My father had an interesting idea this weekend, when I told him about my
orange water. We recently installed one of those collapsible pools that
comes with a small cartridge style filter/pump. He suggested, I pump the
pond through that filter for a day or so to suck the clay out. Even if I
have replace the filter cartridge a few times, it may be worth it to get

the
clay out. We have not added chemicals to the pool yet, so I know the

filter
is "clean".

See if you can get your hands on a 55 gal drum, slowly pump the water from
the bottom of the pond, and run the hose into the bottom of the drum. Then
at the top of the drum have a siphon hose leading back to the pond. This way
you can make a settling chamber.

Stack milk crates inside of the drum, to slow the rate at which the water in
the drum is moving, that will help things settle. Also put a flow restrictor
on the pump, like a section of 3/4 inch pipe.

Sameer
--
Sameer

change the two in my email address to a 2, when replying