Old 18-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Spam Collector

Default planting mulberry

In article , Babberney wrote:
On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:51:37 -0500, B.Server wrote:

On Tue, 13 May 2003 15:56:03 GMT, (Babberney)
wrote:

Trees probably get a bad rap for a lot of things that are equally
explained by shoddy construction and bad engineering, but I think you
are going too far.

Try out this article and then see if it seems I go too far . . . .
http://users.rcn.com/bobw.enteract/UKSubsidence2.2.html

You mean the line in his summary paragraph that states:
Please remember I am not attempting to argue only that trees
do not contribute to subsidence, but we must understand it is
extremely important to proportionalize the effect of trees in
the middle of many other cumulative influences and conditions.

Nobody here has argued that every structural failure is the result
of tree root, just that tree roots can cause damage.

Frank

keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html